We are seeking a Senior Compliance Manager for Libretto, our SaaS reg-tech software for the mortgage industry. You will be responsible for sourcing regulatory and investor-driven changes relevant to the mortgage servicing industry. The successful candidate will be able to source and interpret relevant guidance and work with our developers to create business rules to support compliance.
The Senior Compliance Manager will ensure that the Libretto business rule library is up to date with regulations, rules, and guidelines for mortgage servicing. This would incorporate all steps in the business rule development process, including sourcing, interpretation, impact analysis, supporting the development team in rule creation, and testing of the business rules.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Source and interpret state and federal regulation and GSE investor guidelines with respect to mortgage servicing, lending, and debt collection
- Share information and work with the software development team in creation of business rule logic
- Provide analyses of large-scale regulation changes affecting the industry and institute measures to ensure that updates are being made timely and accurately to the existing rule library
- Generate reports detailing both programmable and as-yet non-programmable regulatory changes for future development
- Support Sales and Customer Success teams in addressing customer questions related to compliance and the business rule library
- Coordinate and manage Business Rules Governance Committee and Advisory Council meetings
- Provide status updates in writing to Senior Management and CEO regarding changes / updates / requirements / recommendations
- Manage Bizzy’s internal policies, procedures and processes
- Create policies, procedures, documents, letters and other materials as necessary for compliance with Customer requirements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree required, J.D. from an accredited law school is a plus.
- At least five years of industry-specific experience in regulatory compliance
- Project management, presentation, and process mapping skills are a plus
- Proven passion for legal compliance and research
- Ability to read and interpret state and federal regulations
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, coordination and multi-tasking skills
- Bias toward action with great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow through to achieve desired results
- Quick learner, with the ability to work calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment